Thursday 2 July 2009

my German Pasta Salad

After much a do about nothing I can finally add a new recipe!
Below is a feel fantastic summer salad that may not necessarily be clearly German but I certainly ate it on hot days out in the garden in London stirred up by my German friends.

With no garden insight, my alternative for alfresco fare is Kennedy Town praya or Pok Fu Lam reservoir (where I have spontaneous picnics & hikes!)


Ingredients:
500g of penne/fusilli pasta
90g of frozen mixed veg
400g of petit gherkins
3 - 4 Tbs of mayonnaise
pepper to taste

To start, boil the pasta as usual until a little more than just al dente. In a small bowl defrost and cook the frozen mixed veg for 3 minutes in the microwave. While all this is happening slice the gherkins into mini chunks.

When the cooked items are cooked, leave to cool, then toss into a big bowl along with the gherkins. Spoon in the mayo, pour a little of the left over vinegar (and mustard seeds) from gherkins and grind in some pepper. Stir together and serve!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment