Monday 15 March 2010

the Depressed Muffin

My muffins are depressed. No, literally. They do not rise and when they do they sink deep into the epitomy of bad baking. Therefore, I am depressed. Over the course of a year (or so) I have tried my muffin making skills on three different recipes and out of each three I have experimented with different combinations trying to take advantage of any alteration that may give rise to the ultimate muffin. I have continued this in hope (the very faintest but trustworthy hope) that one day I will open my oven door and find my beauties have grown!

I want muffins that are light, airy, tasty and big. No. Humungous. I want those muffins you find in coffee shops that you cannot finish. The ones that are outrageously expensive you have to share it with your friend just to justify the price but also the portion. Why can't I have a big muffin? Well I can if I go buy one but why can't I bake a big muffin?

My baking world has shrunk and it has become a dark, lonely, dead end road. A road that doesn't even have a decent bakery on the corner. If someone is out there who thinks they can guide me towards an oven light that has an answer.... please... please... show me the muffin way! I am sending an SOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment