Sunday 29 March 2009

the Sushi Monster Marathon

I am now in competition with a fellow sushi monster… if I can claim title to that yet. Sushi monster refers to the number of plates one can polish off at a single sushi seating. The plate quantity I yet have to beat is 22. Maybe I will get there maybe I won’t. I prefer to take my slice of salmon sashimi, chopstick it in half, savour it, before sinking it into a perfect paste of wasabi and soya sauce and then eating it with every little bit of enjoyment. 


Yes this whole process has become a ritual.


My ritual continues with my quest to try pretty much every sushi restaurant in Hong Kong.


First stop: OIE Sushi


There are three chains around Hong Kong. I have been to two, several times, because it is probably the best sushi for the price you pay. You can train to be the next sushi monster for the competitive price of $60 - $150 per head (depending on the number of people you eat with!). 


During one great lunch hour rush I managed to stuff my face with an uni handroll, assorted tempura, freshly sliced salmon sashimi, California Sunshine Roll, fatty tuna sashimi, and hotategai sushi for just a mere HK$50!!! I did share this with 4 other people, however, I left Oie as one satisfied sushi monster.


I have to admit you MUST try this chain out. The service is good especially with the abundance of rice roasted green tea and freshly topped up pickled ginger with your salmon!


OIE Sushi Restaurant Locations

523 – 527 Hennessy Road, Basement, Continental Diamond Plaza, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong


Shop C – F, Ground floor Nice Garden, 513 Queens Road West, Hong Kong


10th Floor, King Wah Centre, 628 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong


1 comment:

  1. if you like OIE sushi already, you (we) should really go to Mi-Ne Sushi-

    1/F, Continental Diamond Plaza, 525 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

    Ground Floor, 12 Pak Sha Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

    http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=11438

    a bit more expensive but that's also because me & my fellow always order 1 time more than the 5 of you. let's try! invite the fellow sushi monsters ^^

    ReplyDelete